Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Priorities and Peanut Butter

Yesterday I had to prioritize and change my workout plan. I hated it and I really tried not to but in the end my conscience won out and I did what I needed to do, which was cut my run very short.

I set out to run 5 miles yesterday and ended up only running 2.
Why would you do that?!

Well I will tell you. Just before my run I got a call from Hubs asking what plans for dinner were because he hadn't had a chance to eat ALL DAY! How the hell does one go without eating for 10 hours?? I said lets just whip up something at home. 

That's when I realized we were pretty much tapped out food-wise at the Henderson residence. I knew that Hubs was starving but wouldn't ask me to cut my run short so that I could hit up the grocery store before I came home. (We live 30 miles out of town so he wasn't about to drive all the way back in when he had just gotten out there and I don't blame him.) Let me just slip in here and say that Hubs has been so supportive of my running. If I have to run after work and am not going to get home til 7:00 he will cook supper for us and not even think twice about it. He's great.

So yesterday I felt like I needed to show him that I love him enough to cut my run short so that he wouldn't have to go any longer in his starved state. He was super pumped when I got home not only with a bunch of groceries but a Tombstone pizza (his favorite) for supper.  I thought that would be the quickest way for him to get food in his belly before he died a slow and hungry death. Call me Super Wife.

There aren't many instances when I would say that you should put other things before running. Like my brother always tells me you have to make it happen.  If it is important to you, you will no matter what.  BUT every once in a while it's okay to run less or maybe even not run for a VERY GOOD reason. Just make sure that you keep it to a minimum and make up for it the next day. Which is my plan.

Projected Workout for Today:
  1. 5 Miles
  2. Arms 10 minutes - High Reps/Low Weight
Also just for pictures sake here is what I am having for lunch today. 


PB&B sushi (I LOVE peanut butter!), carrots, hummus.

For Breakfast I am eating a trailish mix I threw together of Crasins, Vanilla Almond Granola, and Pecans with a cup of coffee. A big cup of coffee.

Is anyone else obsessed with hummus?

If you have a Garmin, what kind? Do you love it and why? (I am mulling over what to ask for, for Christmas from the hubs and need some input from those in the know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment