Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Complete Miracle!

Vacation!!

So, this past weekend my husband, son and I went on a three day vacation to Red River, NM.  It was fantastic funliness! The extremely bad for me food was fantastic as well! Do I feel guilty for eating unhealthy all weekend? No. Why, you ask? I will tell you why, because being good 100% of the time is craptastic lame sauce.

There is no way anyone can be perfect 100% of the time.  Even if you could ... umm, Big Suck! It's nice to get to eat what you want every once in a while in moderation. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I refuse to feel bad for endulging when the periods of endulgence are few and far between. Not to mention, if you try to be good all the time the likelihood that you will fall back into bad eating habits are much higher for the following reasons: 1) You start to resent being healthy because you never let yourself have any of the things you want. 2) You never get to eat/drink what you friends are eating/drinking (especially drinking) 3) Your body is going to crave things from time to time and if it doesn't get what it wants ... Crazeballs Binge Eating!! That shiz will jump up and bite you in the ass one day after too much abstaining. Been there, eaten that. 4) It sucks!

So, it's fine to say yes to a piece of pizza every once in a while.  You just have to make sure that you are eating these things in Moderation! Yes you can eat pizza.  No you can't have a 3rd/4th/5th slice.

Back to the complete miracle that merited the title. I lost a pound on vacation!! No Lie!!

You may be wondering why this is, and I will tell you.  We walked EVERYWHERE. It was only 75 degrees out and we were not going to waste it being in a car.  So we walked everywhere we went for 2 days. This wasn't fast walking either. We just strolled around town at a leasurely pace and it not only kept me from gaining any weight from the breakfast burritos, pancakes, pizza, chips, and loaded baked potatoes, but it actually made me lose a pound.

So I got to endulge and just had to put in minimal efforts to keep from gaining any weight on our vacation. Life is good. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment