Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I Know About ...

I know what it's like to try on 10 outfits only to end up sobbing because you hate how your body looks in every one of them.

I know what it's like to be seen by people who haven't seen you in 30 pounds and feel completely humiliated.

I know what it's like to be ashamed to be seen naked by your husband (no matter how beautiful they say you are).

I know what it's like to hide food that you're embarrassed to be eating.

I know what it's like to avoid mirrors that tell you the truth of how fat you've gotten.

I know what it's like to feel defeated in the dressing room.

I know about feeling horrified that someone, even the cashier, will see what size you wear.

I know how it feels to be, BY FAR, the heaviest person in your family pictures.

I know what it's like to have friends that, no matter how much you love them, you them resent for being thin without having to try.

I know what it's like to always tug at your clothes to keep them from defining your bulges.

I know what it's like to never feel like you have eaten enough, after you've eaten way too much.

I know all about having thighs that rub together when you walk.

I know about the, "I'll start my diet on Monday."

I know what it's like when that diet fails.

I know how it feels to be trapped in a body that you're ashamed of.

BUT ...

I also know how great it feels to run your first mile without stopping.

I know about the pride you feel when you the first person asks if you've lost weight.

I know about finaly crying after you've lost 10 pounds rather than gaining 10.

I know how great if feels to buy jeans a size SMALLER for once!!

I know how much better you feel after eating healthy for a few weeks.

I know how much energy you'll have again.

I know what an amazing sense of pride you will finally have when you've worked so hard for something.

I know what a relief it is to be able to get in a bathing suit without being completely mortified.

I know about finally looking like you fit in with your family rather than looking like you ate one of them for breakfast.

I know about the amazing, tear jerking, happy-dance-inducing awesomeness of getting on the scale to realize you have finally reached your goal.

I KNOW!

So don't let yourself get away with thinking "It's too hard," or "I'm too fat to run." YOU CAN!
Don't say, "I'll start Monday." START TODAY!
Don't think it's not possible. IT IS!!
Just start. Start and keep going. Start and soon you will be where you have been wanting to be this whole time that you've been putting it off til later.
Just start.

No comments:

Post a Comment