Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - Yesterday's Run

Morning Weight: 171.0
Happy Dance?? Don't mind if I do... Beep boop beep bee boop boop boop beep beep and fist pump pump.
So I have lost the weight from the vacation plus a few more ounces. Woopie!

How was this accomplished you ask? Well as I said yesterday my brother asked me to run with him.  More like him running with me. He runs about a 7:00 - 8:00 pace and I run about a 12:00 pace. He runs outside in the heat, I run inside on the TM with the a/c. His short run is 4 miles, my long run is 4 miles. He was running at about 30% and I was running at about 90%.


My brother super pumped for one of his races.

Shirtless running = Digits from sexy spectators??

Long story short - Austin = Massively-dedicated-kickass-motivating brother

He ran at my pace and helped motivated me through the last mile when I was just praying for it to be over.

Even though he had to slow way down to run with me and never seemed to get the least bit winded, running with him made me feel like a mega champ. He is one of the big reasons I started running and it felt really good and definitely boosted by self esteem to run with him. It also go me super motivated to work on getting my time down to 10:00 and my long run up to 6 miles over the next 6 weeks.

It was an excruciating, hot (94), side-stitch-inducing, mind grapling, craptastic 4 miles... And I was STOKED after I did it. Perma grin all the way home. It was an awesome way to wrap up the work day.

Big thanks to my dedicated brother.  You're a beast.

Projected Exercise for Today:
  1. 1-2 Miles - Easy Pace
  2. 30 Minutes - Core & Abs Circuit Training
Mini Goals:
  1. Keep it under 1,600 calories
  2. Drink 2.5 liters of water
  3. Bring my time down by 20 sec. per miles this week

No comments:

Post a Comment