Tuesday, January 8, 2013

!!! My First Half !!!

Good Mornin' Ladies!

I have some exciting news to share with you all. I am going to be running my first Half Marathon in April! Holy Crap right?! I think I might throw up I'm so excited! It is the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.

My brother convinced me that running a Half would be "awesome!" That's about all it takes with me.  Tell me something is going to be awesome and consider my ass on the band wagon and bitching when its less awesome than promised!

I am actually getting super stoked about the whole thing.  I will be running it with my brother's main squeeze Darc whom I love muchly and her sister Misty who is super funtastic as well! Brother is going to run the full because he is a badass and eats Marathons for breakfast. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrestles bears and takes out the garbage in his spare time..... show off.

Anyway....

Bub made us all training plans, because that's what personal trainers do, and I am on my way to 13.1 miles!
If you want a copy of the training plan just email me at familyfitnessandfoodery@gmail.com and I will email you a copy.  I have two different versions. 1.) the original, which is a 23 week plan (that is how many weeks we had till the race when he made it) 2.) a 16 week version of the same plan.
Let me know if you're interested.

I will let you know how training is going along the way.
I am hoping to get in a 10k along the way as a training run just so that I can get the feel for a race since I haven't been in one since high school...yikes.

Is anyone else about to do there first Half this year???

What training plan, if any, did you follow for your first Half?




No comments:

Post a Comment